Saturday, February 6, 2010

Young Victoria

This week I have switched from Marie to Victoria.





One of the ladies I met at Silver Bella is hosting an altered book page swap entitled "Young Victoria". So I have been busy in my new studio creating (hmmmm.......mostly a huge mess to clean up) my front & back cover for this swap. I set out to find the perfect book to alter. I knew I could find something at work, as I am the bookkeeper for a 163 unit retirement community and we have book cases full of assorted donated books ~ shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone that I took one that Im actually not going to read and bring back. Next I spent some time at my favorite fabric store - Yardage Town - choosing the perfect trims for my book. This store has the most amazing trims at great prices. Then I went thru all my bins and boxes to find just the right embelishments. So after a couple of nights burning the midnight (actually later than that) oil after work, here is my finished book. Im calling this book "Victoria's Fleurissent le Jardin".......just sounds so much better in french. I guess I just cant get away from the Marie thing.



Here is the front cover. The image is transfered onto muslin with a little padding underneath.



Young Victoria - cover



Here is the back cover. This too is an image that I transfered onto muslin.



Young Victoria - back



Here is the inside awaiting the pages.



Young Victoria - inside


This book was fun to make and I can hardly wait to start receiving pages. If you want to see more pictures you can take a peek at my flickr page here http://www.flickr.com/photos/ltlblonde/ or just click on the pictures. Ok now I'm off to clean up the mess and start on Sue's page. Its cold and rainy outside so this is a great day to stay inside and create!!

Robin

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- your book is just gorgeous!! Much better than sitting on a shelf not being read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog now!!!! I am so excited. I can't wait to see what you create for the Young Victoria books. I have been working on pages all day - fun!
    Hugs,

    Sue E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!
    Today is Super Bowl Sunday and I'm supposed to be MIA but I can't help myself sneaking in to see what you posted...OMG it's gorgeous!!!!

    Your book covers are gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see everything when you've received all of your pages. And of course, I cannot WAIT to see the pages that you created!!!

    I hope to join the next swap with you...this one just didn't work out for me at this time.

    Enjoy creating and I hope to chat with you soon~

    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Robin! Isn't this bloggy world fun? I just started in August--I love it every day! Love your Victoria book--always have loved her & her influence...so much beauty. Looking forward to seeing more creations with your beautiful style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin!
    So glad you finally joined blogland. I can't wait to see all your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robin,
    I'm so glad to see that you have a blog now. Your work is just soooo beautiful, I can't wait to see more of it!
    Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin,
    Girl you need to send me your email address. You won one of my pillows in my OWOH giveaway!
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin:

    So glad to come to your blog by way of Sue E's - I met you at Silver Bella with her and I thought you might just join the www when it was all said and done :) So glad that you have - your bib and the book are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi sweet robin!
    just popping in to say hello...your book is just gorgeous! i'll be working on some pages today.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......