Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inspired….

I had this idea in my head.  I bought a canvas……and I have never really made anything on a canvas before.  Ok maybe when I was 14 I had oil painting lessons long enough to paint 2 small pictures….strawberries and flowers.  But I don't really count that.  I'm more of a “crafter” than an “artist” in my minds eye.  Then by chance I got to take Julie Nuttings class on Saturday where we used a canvas and added layers of paper.  I was motivated to put that idea in my head on canvas.  So Sunday I created a special gift for someone. 

DSC04396

DSC04398

DSC04399

DSC04400

DSC04397

I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I know the person that I made it for will LOVE it.  I'm going to get more canvases……..

Oh……and here is my girl from Julie’s class

DSC04407

DSC04405

She's pretty cute!!

Robin

8 comments:

  1. Wow -- that is just a gorgeous piece! I love all the layers. And your painting from Julie's class is so cute! I've been enjoying her style in the Stampington mags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful. Your special someone is going to LOVE it and you should definately keep going with this. You have a talent for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, how lovely, I am sure the person will just love it. I also love your other beautiful girl, but then again, I love all you do. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty awesome for your first attempts! Love the Jeff Buckley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH yes You need to do more of these they are beautiful I love the 1st one the colours are wonderful.... and this was you 1st attempt girl you rock! hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on your Saint painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audible gasps when I saw that first one! The second one is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, truly truly breathtaking!!! I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......