Friday, July 19, 2013

A Modern Granny



This is the current project
that I am obsessed with
right now

My modern color version 
of the 
granny square afghan
......for me


Im doing seven rows
of random color
 with 1 row of cream


Look what I found 
at the Goodwill
to keep my yarn in

This is the best $4.99
I have spent in a long time

When I saw it I knew
exactly what I was
going to use it for

No more piles of tangled
yarn around my feet
or digging around
in the basket


Its all right there
next to the sofa
and I can choose which
color to use next

I LOVE IT!!


Two more rows of squares
to go.....then to choose
an edging!


I love the way 
it is
turing out
and.......
Granny squares go pretty fast!

Robin

6 comments:

  1. Great find at the GW for sure! I love those colors! Love the affie!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love that you are making it for yourself. Giving ourselves a gift every now and then feeds the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that you are making it for yourself. Giving ourselves a gift every now and then feeds the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blanket and I am loving that metal shelf for your yarn. It is perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely choice of colors and nice work. My Mother used to make many of these and other styles of Afghans before she lost her eyesight. Your find at Goodwill was great. Have a good weekend. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cart is such a great idea for holding your yarn. The blanket is beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......