Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bedroom Blues

Well my bedroom is finally done……and I LOVE it!!

The color is so calm and relaxing.   I love waking up in it every morning. 

It makes me smile.

DSC05545

The color is actually more green than blue, but strangely it looks more blue than green on the wall……go figure.

DSC05553

DSC05554

DSC05555

DSC05547

  I used burlap for the bed skirt. 

I looked everywhere and couldn't find a  burlap bed skirt.  So I went to the fabric store and bought 8 yards of burlap.  It was my intent to cut it in half and sew the burlap onto the existing deck of the one I already had.  But after tucking it in to see how long I wanted it I just kept tucking and adjusting the gathers between the mattresses and wala……..a burlap bed skirt.

The best part is no sewing. 

Boy was I happy!!

Thanks for having a look.

Robin

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, Your bedroom is so beautiful. I love the color, thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is a great color and that burlap bedspread...clever!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your room! I think YOUR pillow should have at least a touch of blue on it. :) And your burlap bed skirt is a great idea. ENJOY! Hugs! Charlene

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......