Thursday, February 3, 2011

Swap Sneak Peek

Next month is

Artistic Affaire Moulin Rouge.

I have been busy getting ready and finishing up my swaps.  I signed up for 3 and I'm done with two……..the third I’m hostessing. 

Sooo until I have everyone's pieces that one won’t be done.   I'm sure I will be rushing around at the last minute trying to get that one done, but at least the other 2 are complete!

One of the swaps I'm in is a pillow with a vintage suitcase pocket.

I did a Citrasolv transfer onto a linen fabric using a Graphics Fairy image.  She also has a tutorial on her blog showing how to do the Citrasolv transfer. 

I really like how it turned out and I hope my partner does too.  Im excited to see what she made for me.

DSC05672

The next swap I signed up for is a 7 x 4 piece to go in a banner…….9 of them. 

Since the theme is Moulin Rouge, I found this cool vintage can can girl image and dressed her up a bit.

DSC05654

Then I made these cute lace bags (that also have a Citrasolv transfer) to put them in. 

DSC05670

I tea dyed the bags………..I can never leave things as they are. 

I just love the tea dyed look…….so into the tea they went.  

Here is picture showing before and after the they were tea dyed.

DSC05656

I just love the way you can instantly….well almost….make something look old by dipping it in tea. 

This is the backside of my banner.

DSC05652

I tied on a Can Can Girl Moo card that I had made especially for this Moulin Rouge event. 

I like to put them on my swaps ….I just love those little Moo cards and made a whole assortment of Moulin Rouge themed ones!! 

DSC05659

DSC05648

All packaged up and ready to go.

DSC05632

I'm getting so excited……I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. 

A little more than a month to go……..now I need my Can Can Girl outfit.

Robin

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. WOW! Gorgeous creations! I love the fact that you tea dyed the bag, it really added just the right touch to them. Fab-YOU-lous! I Adore your artworks and sounds like you are going to have lots of fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin... Love all your creations! But I sure am envious of the lucky lady that is going to receive that pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, your pillow is tdf gorgeous!! Your partner will love it!

    And your banners and bags are just beautiful! Lucky swap partners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, your projects are gorgeous as always! Can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, Your pillow is awesome and I also love your banner pieces and the lace bags. I'm sure your swap partners will be thrilled. I know I would.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore, absolutely adore all of your projects. You swap partners are lucky girls! All are so special, but I particularly love the pillow!

    I am so happy to say that I have just become your friend and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am here visiting from Brag Monday and am in awe of your gorgeous projects! You are one talented chica! I am happy to now be following and look forward to enjoying more photos of your amazing art!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping over from the Graphics Fairy to see you beautiful projects. I absolutely adore your vintage style. Your projects are fabulous and your trade partners are truly lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pieces are totally gorgeous, love each one of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......