Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Little Studio

Well I finally made it down to Ikea in San Diego to get the new light for over my studio desk.  Its amazing that this little box…..

DSC02965_thumb

DSC02966

holds my new light.  So I opened the box

DSC02969_thumb[3]

and this is what was inside.  So here we go...snap the sides to the top and bottom..

DSC02972_thumb

add the petals (they look like petals to me)

DSC02976_thumb

half way done. 

DSC02978_thumb

Done!!

Ta daaaaa . . . . . . .

I have a new light in my studio.

DSC03043_thumb[1]

DSC03044_thumb[3]

A few months ago I turned my dining room into a  studio.  I moved all the dining room furniture to the garage (we never eat there anyway) I painted and bought a new wall unit and desk from Ikea.  I just love it!!  I have so much storage now.  Then last week when one of the residents where I work moved out she left this.. 

DSC03050_thumb[1]

A matching wall unit and best of all it was free!!!

DSC03045_thumb[4]

I feel so organized now and it looks good too!!  Dare I show you the before pictures???

DSC05989_thumb[1]

DSC05992_thumb[1]

What a difference huh???

Robin

9 comments:

  1. Your craft room looks wonderful - those storage units are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin!
    I love your space girl!
    What a great place to create with all that natural light and not to mention your NEW beautiful light! It's so pretty!
    And you really got that other shelf for FREE? Geez, I need to go apply to work at the retirement center here so I can pick up some quilts and shelves and other goodies!
    ;)
    Love it all girl...I wish I could go play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an improvement Robin. Your art is wonderful and I can only imaging how much you can do now in your new room. We do spend a lot of time looking for just the right thing to add to our creations. I did a similar thing in the spare bedroom/den. I gave away the hide-a-bed. Sold the coffee table, end tables and two lamps and turned it into my space...best move I ever made....Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin it's just how I pictured it when you were sharing your studio dreams with me at Silver Bella! I think this is magazine worthy! It is so inspiring! And that lamp is WONDERFUL! Lucky girl you! To have such a wonderful place to create!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygoodnessgracious!
    robin. i LOVE your
    creative space! it
    is just beautiful,
    as i imagined it would
    be. i love your
    creations!

    happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat light...and your studio is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - Ikea rocks! Love your studio - what a perfect place to spend time creating!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finding a little time for some blog hopping, and I'm so glad I came to see your new studio space, Robin -- wonderfully fresh and inspiring! How lucky that it all came together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your studio! Mine is so utilitarian and quite ugly...sigh...Welcome to blogland! Hope you are having fun out here!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......